SEO of a Website: Few Starting Tips
The estimated reading time for this post is 178 seconds
To start SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization for a website, First you must do On Page Optimization and first step for On Page Optimization is Analysis of Website.
Starting Analysis of Website for SEO Activities
If you want to do SEO for a website then your first step will be Analysis of Website. Before starting SEO for a website it is recommended note down the following SEO activities.
Step 1: First of all check the domain name of website,Check if it includes important keyword related to theme of website or not,if not always try to choose a domain name which includes important keyword related to theme of your website if you are thinking to buy a new one.
Step 2: Check the content of website whether its related to theme of website or not.
Step 3: Check the content on Home Page (Should Not be less, Must be rich content).
Step 4: Use five important SEO operators and note down all the information as follows:
- Site: Checks how many pages are indexed by various search engines. Note down results for search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Link: Checks how many backlinks are shown by various search engines.
- Info: Checks the information of the website whether its is showing on the search engines or not.
- Cache: Checks Google Robots last visit to the website.
- Related: Check competitor websites with this operator.
Step 6: Note down the page rank of your Website.
Step 7: Check the age of domain with help of www.who.is
Step 8: Check backlinks of the website with various tools like www.ahrefs.com
Step 9: Check Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer is integrated with website or not.
Step 10: Install Google Analytics code if it is not already present.
Step 11: Use keyword analysis with the help of Google Adwords Planner Tool,as now google’s external keyword analysis tool is officially closed and replaced with Keyword planner.
Step 12: Use brainstorming (Think & guess what people are searching on the internet related to theme of website)
Step 13: Make meta tags for all of your web pages.
Step 14: If their is an image then do image optimization, Check how many video are present on website also check if website is using any flash file(avoid using flash if it’s there because search engine crawlers does not understand flash).
Er. Shivam Kumar
Latest posts by Er. Shivam Kumar (see all)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg in India Today: 1st Internet.org Summit - October 10, 2014
- Hackers & Hacking : Introduction to internet security - October 3, 2014
- Chulein Aasman: Empowering Women - September 27, 2014