Five Search Engine Operators used for SEO
The estimated reading time for this post is 174 seconds
What are Search Engine Operators ?
The search engine operators are the special keywords which follows a predefined syntax which is used to filter the queries made to search engine and produce desired results for accessing only the relevant information which is required for analysis of seo of a website.
There are many types of search engine operators being used for checking the seo of a website and knowing its status in search engines among its competitors. But out of many only five search engine Operators are important for Search Engine Optimization of any website. SEO professionals are using these operators to know the exact value of a website and they may find where that particular website stands in the crowd the top five search engine operators are as follows:
5 Search Engine Operators used for SEO
(1) Link: This operator will show the number of backlinks of a website.
- Example: You can Use Google Search Engine to know how many backlinks your website have ,Simply go to www.google.com and type link:www.yourwebsitename.com and you will get the total backlinks to your website.
Remember to replace “yourwebsitename” with the name of your own website for example if i want to find the backlinks to my site www.brainlubricator.com then i would type the query as link:www.brainlubricator.com in google search engine,and then hit enter.
(2) Cache: This operator shows the exact date and time when the search engine crawler last visited to your website.
- Example: Go to google.com and type cache:www.yourwebsitename.com (It will show exact date and time when search engine robot visit to your website).
(3) Site: This operator will show how much pages of your website has been indexed by the search engine.
- Example: Type site:www.yourwebsitename.com in googgle search engine box and hit enter.It will show number of pages indexed by search engine.
(4) Info: This will show the information about your website home page. It will show only home page of your website. With this operator you may know about the Fake Page Rank
- Example: info:www.yourwebsitename.com
(5) Related: This operator will show similar pages from other website. You can check the competitor’s of your website by using this search engine operator.
- Example: Go to google and type related:www.youwebsitename.com now hit enter.
I Hope you would like these operators and find them handy enough to improve the Search Engine Optimization of your website by gathering just the important information you need and saving your precious time as i always say & we all know that:
“Time Is Money”
Er. Shivam Kumar
Latest posts by Er. Shivam Kumar (see all)
- Limit min|max characters in buddypress registration form - December 12, 2014
- Installing plugins in wordpress - December 11, 2014
- Lifecycle of an Hacker :The Attack Strategy - October 31, 2014